Using Excel’s Facebook Ads Manager to Transform Your Ad Reporting
You’ve just launched a new Facebook ad campaign and it all seems to be running smoothly. The only issue is that you have 7 other ad campaigns running and you need to keep an eye on your progress and make sure you aren’t going over your budget. Here’s when Facebook Ads Manager for Excel swoops in to save the day.
With the Facebook Ads Manager add-in on Excel, you can create a single report showing the performance of your ads, ad sets and campaigns. You can dig further and breakdown by demographics, and actions taken on the ads. You can filter by a variety of options and personalize your template to show you only the data you want to see.
This tool is extremely helpful for anyone who is managing multiple ads and multiple accounts at once. It will save you from having to export each ad report every week/month from every account. You won’t need the help of a developer to create these reports — you can build beautiful, insightful reports all on your own.
How to Use Facebook Ads Manager for Excel for Facebook Ad Reporting
Go ahead and open up your Microsoft Excel app.
Once in Excel, go to “My Add-ins”. When it pops up, click on “Store” and search for “Facebook Ads Manager for Excel”.
Click on “add” and the extension should pop up right away on your right sidebar.
You will now have to go through the steps of signing into your Facebook page as an authenticated user. Then you can begin importing data…
Creating Your Report
On your sidebar Facebook Ads Manager add-in, scroll down and click “Create Report”. Select all the Facebook accounts that you want to import data from.
If you’re planning on using this application more than once, you’re going to want to create a new template so you can quickly run the reports you need.
- Name your template.
- Determine the level of data you want to see. (Break out data on a high-level by campaign, on a mid-level by ad set or on a low-level by ad.)
- For columns, you can either use the default columns given to you or you can click on the drop down and select everything that you care to see.
- For example: if you’re running lead campaigns, it’s probably smart you include “leads” in your column selections. If you want to see engagement or conversions, make sure to select those.
- Chose a timeframe breakdown. Weekly, monthly, etc.
- Finally, decide what you want to include and exclude and you can filter those in or out.
- For example: if you want to only show active campaigns, you can filter to have only those campaigns/ads appear on your report.
Now click “Create” and select your template. Click next.
Pick a date range. Click next.
Name your report. Click next and run your report. It will take a minute to import data, but once it’s done, your report will appear on the excel page.
Refresh your data in your reports as often as you need to. If you use this report weekly, you just need to click “Refresh Data” over on your Facebook Ads Manager ad side bar.
Hey, this is Tina of RC Digital.
If you’re looking to add a cash stream to your practice without adding work for your staff this may be one of the most important messages you read today.
Signing high-case-value patients without aggressive follow up used to be a pipe-dream…
Now it’s not.
► If you want to see if you’re a good fit, let’s schedule a quick 15 to 30 min call.
We’ll assess if it’s a fit.
We look forward to speaking with you
☑ Book your FREE call with our team 👉 http://bit.ly/rcdigital-30mincall
📣 Learn about our marketing program 👉 http://bit.ly/rcdigital-results